The Department of Health and Welfare (DHW) and the State Department of Education (SDE) collaborate to support the Medicaid Advisory Committee (MAC). The purpose of the MAC is to facilitate collaboration among Local Educational Agencies (LEAs), the SDE, and the DHW related to Medicaid School-Based Services (SBS) and providers. The MAC’s role is to serve as a consulting body for matters of Medicaid SBS policy and practice and to recommend changes to Medicaid SBS policy, within the scope of applicable state and federal rules.
Meeting agendas and approved minutes from the past three years are available in the School-Based Medicaid Resources section of this topic page and are organized by school year. Agendas and approved minutes for this year will be posted as they become available.
During the 2020-21 school year, the MAC will meet on the second Wednesday of September, December, March, and June. All meetings below are from 1:00 – 4:00 PM (Mountain) /12:00-3:00 Pacific.
Wednesday, September 9, 2020 Medicaid Advisory Committee Membership
Wednesday, December 9, 2020
Wednesday, March 10, 2021
Wednesday, June 9, 2021
MAC membership includes representatives from the SDE, the DHW, LEA Special Education (SPED) Directors (or designees) from each of the six Idaho Educational Regions and charter schools, and Idaho Parents Unlimited. LEA representatives serve a three-year term. MAC Committee members for 2020-21 are listed below.
- Charlie Silva: Special Education Director, SDE
- Karren Streagle: Alternate Assessment/Low Incidence Disabilities/Medicaid Coordinator, SDE
- Matt Wimmer: Bureau Chief, Bureau of Developmental Disability Services, Division of Medicaid, DHW
- Vacant: Medicaid Program Policy Analyst for School-Based Services, Division of Medicaid, DHW
- Lori Stiles: Medicaid Program Integrity Unit, DHW
- Sara Yoder: SPED Director, Boundary School District, Region 1
- Lori Ravet: SPED Director, Lapwai School District, Region 2
- Chynna Hirasaki: SPED Director, Caldwell School District, Region 3 (completing Julie Mead’s term)
- Sherry Bingham: SPED Director, Minidoka School District, Region 4
- Holly Tanner: SPED Director, Bear Lake School District, Region 5
- Bryon Kennedy: SPED Director, Sugar-Salem School District, Region 6
- Stephanie Lee: SPED Director, Rolling Hills Public Charter School
- Jared Bissen: SPED Director, Gem Prep
- Angela Lindig: Idaho Parents Unlimited