The Department of Health and Welfare (DHW) and the State Department of Education (SDE)
collaborate to support the Medicaid Advisory Committee (MAC). The purpose of the MAC is to
facilitate collaboration among Local Educational Agencies (LEAs), the SDE, and the DHW related
to Medicaid School-Based Services (SBS) and providers. The MAC’s role is to serve as a
consulting body for matters of Medicaid SBS policy and practice and to recommend changes to
Medicaid SBS policy, within the scope of applicable state and federal rules.
Meeting agendas and approved minutes from the past three years are available in the School-Based
Medicaid Resources section of this topic page and are organized by school year. Agendas
and approved minutes for this year will be posted as they become available.
During the 2022-23 school year, the MAC will meet on the second Wednesday of September, December, March,
and June. All meetings below are from 1:00 – 4:00 PM (Mountain) /12:00-3:00 Pacific. MAC meetings are
open to the public for in-person (Idaho State Department of Education, 650 W State Street in Boise, and
virtual attendance (preregistration required).
Wednesday, September 14, 2022: preregister for September 14 Zoom meeting link
Medicaid Advisory Committee Membership
Wednesday, December 14, 2022: preregister for December 14 Zoom meeting link
Wednesday, March 8, 2023: preregister for March 8 Zoom meeting link
Wednesday, June 14, 2023: preregister for June 14 Zoom meeting link
MAC membership includes representatives from the SDE, the DHW, LEA Special Education (SPED) Directors (or designees) from each of the six Idaho Educational Regions and charter schools, and Idaho Parents Unlimited. LEA representatives serve a three-year term. MAC Committee members for 2022-23 are listed below.
- Charlie Silva: Idaho State Department of Education
- Karren Streagle: Idaho State Department of Education
- David Bell: Division of Medicaid
- Almira Mackaben: of Medicaid
- Lori Stiles: Medicaid Program Integrity Unit
- Kim Shaner: SPED Director, Boundary School District, Region 1
- Shannon Richards: SPED Director, Moscow School District, Region 2
- Chynna Hirasaki: SPED Director, Caldwell School District, Region 3
- Lorena Ryan: SPED Director, Glenns Ferry School District, Region 4
- Holly Tanner: SPED Director, Bear Lake School District, Region 5
- Yvonne Thurber: SPED Director, Bonneville School District, Region 6
- Tara Handy: SPED Director, Rolling Hills Public Charter School
- Jared Bissen: SPED Director, Gem Prep Charter Schools
- Angela Lindig: Idaho Parents Unlimited